The Orchard – Camping & Touring
We are a family run camping & touring park, offering an idyllic location for family holidays.
The site is graded by the AA’s Quality Assessment scheme. In 2019 ( we did not open in 2020 ) we were awarded 4 stars – Gold 87 %
Our pitches are all allocated, and set in approximately 10 acres of mature, landscaped garden grounds, and the site as a whole is nestled in a wooded valley, surrounded by rolling hills and farm land.
All pitches are grass, and can accommodate all types of touring units, motor-homes & tents. ( please contact us directly if you have a larger style motorhome )
We place a firm emphasis on sustainable tourism and being ‘nature friendly’ – so please do be aware of our site rules before booking
Our modern wash facilities are bright, airy and spacious with approx. 10 showers & WCs, plus additional private wash cubicles per gender.
They benefit from renewable energy technologies such as solar thermal water heating and rainwater harvesting. Additionally, all our electricity we use is either generated by our PV array or is 100% green ( made from the sun, the wind and the sea) provided by Ecotricity.
Laundry : There is small laundry on site with 2 coin operated commercial washing machines and 2 drying machines
Accessible Washroom: There is single washroom & WC with radar key access
The site has an outdoor heated swimming pool ( open Spring Bank Holiday – Early September ) with large sun terrace, open 9am- 6pm . Please note all children must be accompanied by an adult 18+
There is TV room with access to freeview with sofa seating. Adjacent is an indoor games room, that offers 2 pool tables, table football, space hockey and a separate table tennis room.
Outside, there is a separate play area for younger adjacent the pool, and swings and climbing for the older children. Additionally there is provision for outdoor badminton & table tennis.
We do encourage you to bring you bikes, as the site is generously spaced, it with all the bridleways leading directly from site, there is amazing scope for children to explore, play and enjoy being in the countryside ! We do have many bike loops conveniently located around the site, for you to lock bikes to.
“We’re Good To Go”
“We’re Good To Go” is the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Love where you live
A firm emphasis is placed on being nature friendly, we welcome those families & individuals who are environmentally conscious, and who identify with our mantra of ‘leave nothing but footprints’
Our whole property is run using 100% green electricity and energy provided by our PV array. Our modern wash & shower facilities, utilise a solar thermal water heating system, and rainwater harvesting , used to flush the toilets.
We encourage the use of bicycles throughout the site and prohibit the use of cars as transport within the property; allowing the freedom & safety for children & adults alike to explore the farm, woodland & bridleways beyond
Dogs are prohibited between 24th July – 1st September – No group bookings permitted in Summer high season
Check In: From 9am
Our reception is open at 9am. If your pitch is available then we will endeavour to pitch you asap – but please note it may not be available if there is a changeover
Check Out: 10am prompt
To ensure arriving guests can get pitched quickly & efficiently please be aware we do require a prompt check out
The only way to guarantee a late checkout is to book & pay for an extra night. Subject to availability and at our discretion
- Recycling is obligatory for all guests
- “Leave nothing but footprints”
- All guests must observe the Countryside Code
- There is a strict 10mph speed limit throughout the property
- Family groups of ‘2’ maximum in Summer high season
- We only accept group bookings at our discretion – please contact us before booking
Our common sense rules are in place for the enjoyment of all clients, and as our home, we hope you respect it as such. We place a firm emphasis on recycling, the Countryside Code and ‘Keeping Britain Tidy’
- Check out time is 10am prompt
- Please follow our pitching instructions, it is for the privacy & enjoyment of all guests
- No visitors are permitted on site
- All guests are obliged to recycle & dispose of waste as directed
- All guests must adhere to the Countryside Code
- No excessive noise between 9 pm and 9 am
- Strict 5/10mph speed limits are imposed on all access & internal roads
- Cars may be parked alongside units but must not to be used for internal transport
- Please accompany young children within amenity buildings
- Avoid leaving refuse and rubbish bags outside your tent, as birds love to break them open!
- Barbecues are permitted ideally raised off the grass – strictly charcoal only
Camp fires, fire pits, chimineas & other heating sources are not permitted
- Please note it is illegal to remove stones from the beach.
- Please do not allow your children to accumulate a collection of stones for our mower to find !
- On departure, your pitch must be left litter, stone & peg free
Dog Owner Information
- Dogs are not permitted on The Orchard during school holidays. This includes pool, games & TV room
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times
- Please do not take your dog into our facilities
- Please do not exercise your dog within the camping area
- Please do not leave your dog unattended for long periods
- Keep your dog cool & always provide fresh clean water
- Please remove dog mess immediately & dispose into the general waste bins
Help us spend money on trees not landfill!
We have a very strict ‘recycle where possible’ policy and clients are obliged to dispose of rubbish as advised – We expect that there will be 50/50 % ratio of recyclable waste Vs dirty waste
Free green recycling & black rubbish bags are supplied on arrival/request
Guidance is given within our arrival information for correct disposal but please note – we do not expect to dispose of your old tents, BBQ’s or camping tables!
We do not tolerate littering – we love where we live!
- BBQ’s are permitted elevated off the grass. Charcoal only – Burning of wood/timber is not permitted
- Gazebo are permitted only if they fit onto an XL pitch along with tent & car
- Dogs are not permitted on ‘Orchard’ high season 26th July – 31 August
- Extra cars must be parked at reception in Summer High Season